To play, every player places his ante on the layout where indicated; all ante wagers must be placed prior to the dealer announcing "No more bets". Each player and the dealer will then receive 5 cards, face down. The dealer will turn over one of his cards, then push the cards toward the players, after which the players may look at their cards. They may only look at their own cards, and may not discuss what they have with any other player at the table.
Players have the option to play or fold; if they choose to play, they place their bets (twice the amount of their respective ante) in the bet box. If they choose to fold, they forfeit their ante. After all the players have made their decisions, the dealer reveals his face-down cards. The dealer only plays with an ace/king or higher; he then compares his cards to the players' cards (individually, right to left), and the best poker hand wins.
There are some major rules in Caribbean Stud Poker that must be observed at all times while playing:
- Only one hand per player. Players cannot hold or wager on multiple hands at the table.
- Players may not exchange or communicate information regarding their hands to other players or the dealer. Player violation will result in a dead hand and forfeiture of all wagers.
- Incorrect amount of cards to the player constitutes a dead hand (or push) for that player only.
- The decision of the table/casino supervisor is final.
- If the dealer is dealt four cards of the five-card hand, the dealer shall deal an additional card to complete the hand. Any other misdeal to the dealer shall result in all hands being void and the cards shall be reshuffled.
- Each player shall be required to keep the five cards in full view of the dealer at all times. Once each player has examined his or her cards and placed them face down on the layout, they may not touch the cards again.
- If a hole card is exposed prior to the dealer announcing No More Bets, all hands shall be void.
|Royal flush||100 to 1|
|Straight flush||50 to 1|
|Four of a kind||20 to 1|
|Full house||7 to 1|
|Flush||5 to 1|
|Straight||4 to 1|
|Three of a kind||3 to 1|
|Two pair||2 to 1|
|One pair or less||1 to 1|
In addition, in Caribbean stud poker, players can also bet on their poker hands and win the "progressive feature"; this is done by dropping a 1.00 dollar gaming chip into the chip acceptor on the table after placing the ante. Players with a flush or higher win, regardless of the outcome of their table bets:
|Royal Flush||100% of Progressive Meter|
|Straight Flush||10% of Progressive Meter|
[ Licensed from Wikipedia and edited by us (licence terms). ]