Who is GamCare?
Established in 1997, GamCare is a funded organization offering customer support, gambling-related information, and complimentary advice with an attempt to prevent and resolve any problems regarding gambling. With the realization that thousands of people in the UK actively engage in gambling, GamCare addresses the potential safety issues that may emerge later on. They operate to optimize society’s understanding of how gambling affects the public and inspires a responsible approach towards gambling.
GamCare offers a national hotline that is open 24/7 all yearlong. Apart from a phone line, they are also reachable via web-based customer support services for anyone facing a gambling issue. A decade after their foundation, GamCare has already managed close to 40,000 calls from gamblers in distress. If needed, GamCare also imparts in-person counseling sessions. They can also be contacted through their website forum and chat rooms. All of their services are rendered completely free of charge.
Another intriguing part about GamCare is that they develop and enforce regulations inspiring responsible gambling and gaming through a certification plan. The goal if this plan is to assist gambling operators in enforcing their practice codes to be able to safeguard their players. For an operator to be qualified, they have to enforce a set of strategies, all of which are listed below:
• Age Confirmation – a system that verifies a gambler’s age through a valid ID.
• Marketing and Promotions – standards that comply to social responsibility.
• Customer Led Functionality – gamblers can design spending and session limitations.
• Reality Checks – operators should have the correct data on betting currency and time display.
• Training – customer support representatives should be well-trained to practice social responsibility and gambling problems.
• Account Management – regulations and systems must exist to address gamblers with more than one payment card or account registered.
• Free Play – controls should be in position when players engage in free-to-play games.